Relaxation? I think not

So, after enjoying the last week, I realize that I have to prepare for the week ahead. See, my husband missed most of the preceding week because he had stacked his days off for this week since his brother was going to be in town for a week. As we were expecting company, I needed to get the house in order, which is no small task with two young children running around.

I decide that since both of my husband's brothers will be here for the weekend, and both of our children are male, it would be a great opportunity for them to have some male bonding, i.e. a boys' weekend. I make reservations in a local hotel, and figure I will take this opportunity to catch up with myself, my reading, my friends, etc. Sounds good so far, doesn't it? Well, I have to tell you what a genius I am.

When I booked the hotel room, I made sure I got a room with a whirlpool tub. Now, I am not much of a bath taker, I prefer showers, but at the time it just sounded so inviting. I check into the hotel, make sure the room looks pretty decent and head back out. I start off my weekend by going to a local bookstore to start my indulgence. After casually perusing the aisle, (truly a guilty pleasure, rather than a harrowing dart), I pick out two books to purchase. So far, so good.

On my way back to the hotel, I decide I want to pick up dinner to take back to the room, rather than eating in a restaurant. Again, the theme is indulgence, so I decide on Indian food. Its not something I can have very often because there is no way in hell that my kids will even think about trying it. So I order a sampler plate, some curry, some rice, some vegetable. It smells delicious. I get back to the room and leisurely enjoy my meal and my book. The tv doesn't get turned on even once.

I decide that this is a nice relaxing evening and what better way to cap it off then to take a nice long hot bath. So I start to draw the bath water and realize that the switch for the jets is on the light switch when you walk into the bathroom. No problem, I will just make sure to fill the water above the jets before I get in. So I take my time, slowly melting into the tub. I am in no longer than 5 minutes when I feel the Indian food kick in. Uh oh, now I need to get out and rather quickly. I start to stand up, and doesn't one of the jets start to spray water across the room. I quickly turn on the water to fill the tub higher, because I don't want to sit back down, I need to get out NOW! Then I realize as I look at the wall where the water has hit it with the force of a firehose, that it has made a direct hit on the toilet paper roll. I quickly reach for the switch to turn off the jets, but the damage is done. I will spare you all the details, but I will share with you what I have learned from this experience.

There is a reason I don't bathe, I shower. When eating something that your system doesn't get very often, eat small amounts. And lastly, if the switch for the whirlpool jets is out of reach, don't turn it on.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you don't mind, but I'm laughing at your expense. Sounds like something out of a Ben Stiller movie.

Sarge's Wife said...

I don't mind at all, it was surreal when it happened and I figured someone would be amused.

Anonymous said...

Having a sensitive tummy myself, you know I laughed my butt off! And I thought Murphy law things like this only happened to me! Glad you shared it and all the best to you - next time for a wild weekend. Sarge70

Laura said...

Always best to have your greatest fiasco while in the comfort, as well as, anonymity of a hotel!

Once, I was out of town on business & was just getting ready to make great use of the hot tub in the room right up until I found a small curly black hair. ::cringe::

Hope your tummy feels better!

Dlt Casting said...

Hello,



Are you Mrs. officer? Do you come from a family of cops and your sisters are married to Police Officers too? Do you run in the same circle of support with other women who's husbands leave home with a Gun and a K9? Are you a mother, a wife and up all night worrying about your husband? Do you and your girlfriends all have husbands who protect and serve? Unless you live this life- you don't understand. Looking to speak with a group of women who have experience in this are for a MAJOR CABLE NETWORK TV Series.

Now seeking the women behind the badge. If this is you- let us know!

Email dana@dLtcasting.com or 323.410.0271 O


Please forward this to anybody who may be interested!

NGP Casting said...

Are you the wife of a police officer currently living in South Philadelphia or the surrounding area? Have you become part of a social circle with other wives of cops? A Philadelphia based television production company is seeking to profile women who have to deal with the day to day struggles of husbands who work in the dangerous realm of law enforcement for a new television series. If you fit this description and would like to know more, please tell us about yourself, your family, and why you think you are right for the show. Please also send us a photo.

Please send all questions and information to casting@nancyglassproductions.com