About Kelly

Just a little blog let you all know a little about myself:

My name is Kelly, I'm a 31 year old PROUD Police Wife to my husband of six years Patrick. I have a 4 yr old son Hayden and a 12 yr old step-daughter Kaitlyn. I was born and raised in Ohio; a true Buckeye! We moved to Vermont in 1993, it's no secret that I HATE living in Vermont! I can't stand the LONG winters, the lack of cell service due to being surrounded by mountains....I could rant and rave all night (I'll spare you ;) I am working on trying to convince my husband to move anywhere WARM (hopefully he'll come around soon)

My husband wears two uniforms that mean so much! Not only is he a Police Officer (SGT), but he is also in the National Guard (SSG). I couldn't be more proud of him! For those of you that don't know, his National Guard Unit is being immobilized to Afghanistan in December of this year. Although this will be tough for our family to be apart for so long, we support him and couldn't be more proud of him for serving our country!

I created Police Wives Unite on NING for a few reasons. I have always wanted a place for Police Wives to connect to share stories, compare notes and support one another. I am a member on a few other Police Wife support forums and I found them a little difficult to navigate. I love the fact that we have groups within our group, there's a place for everyone. My PW girls are the greatest, I could not make it through some days without the support of my PW's :) I am so thankful so have found such a great group of women! I am looking forward to seeing our group grow and form special bonds with all the women!

xoxo~ Kelly